My name is Samantha and I am a blogger and an aspiring freelance writer (even though I have been writing for as long as I can remember, I say aspiring because I just finally landed my first paid writing job not too long ago). I am diagnosed with Bipolar I Disorder- Mixed, ADD, Anxiety Disorder, Dissociative Disorder, and PTSD. I also happen to be recovering from addiction.
I was first diagnosed with most of my disorders in, or around, 2001. I have been through a variety of treatment options and have learned lots of useful information. I find that every day is a learning process. As we grow, and each new day arrives, I believe that we all gain new information regularly. I want to be able to share some of the things that I have learned along the way with other people.
I guess to get to know me a little better I should mention a few things about me;
- I am an avid reader and love to read. My favorite author is Ellen Hopkins. I have not found a book of hers, yet, that I have not fell in love with!
- I have a dog that I love more than anything in the world, Max. He is a Chihuahua/Beagle Mix.
- I have such severe social anxiety that it gets to the point where I don’t always like to leave my house.
- I was already married and divorced before I even turned 25.
- I have come a long way with my mental illness, to the point where I no longer feel the need to hide it. This is me. I am who I am.
- I love to write about anything and everything. I may have horrendous grammar skills, but I personally could care less because writing is an outlet for me. Writing is what keeps me sane most days when everything else is driving me crazy. It is my main coping mechanism.
If anyone has any questions, comments, suggestions, or just anything, in general, to say feel free to contact me @ BipolarLove86@gmail.com or leave a comment!