The Sunshine Blogger Award
I am beyond thrilled, honored, and excited to announce that I have been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award by the lovely Camille from Rania With Chronic Illness. I highly recommend checking out her wonderful blog as well as the guest post that she did right here on My Bipolar Mind titled, “How to Calm Anxiety Before a Panic Attack.”
Camille’s nomination for this blogger award really did make my day and put a smile on my face all at the same time.
The Sunshine Blogger Award… What is it?
“Does exactly what the name states:
Bringing a bit of sunshine into a bloggers life!
It’s a brilliant way to recognize fellow bloggers for being awesome. And also, provides us the opportunity to extend the honor, by nominating and awarding bloggers we love and follow.
Giving them a bit of exposure and motivation to keep blogging.
Now, who doesn’t need that?” – as Quoted from Rania With Chronic Illness
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
As with any successful strategy, the Sunshine Blogger Award has solid rules in place. These rules ensure the success of this award, providing exposure to all the award winners.
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
The rules are simple and straightforward!
Here Are My 11 Sunshine Blogger Award Questions:
1. Why did you enter the world of blogging?
I started blogging back in 2015-2016, well before I even had the name “My Bipolar Mind” picked out as a means of raising Mental Health Awareness and to also be able to share my own story with others. I took a break from blogging and came back full force sometime in 2017. As it turns out, I fell in love with blogging as a major coping mechanism for my mental disorders. I wanted nothing more than to show others that they are no alone in their menatl health jounrey.
2. What was your life’s turning point?
I feel like I have had many different turning points in my life for different things. I never had that “Ah ha!” moment where my life suddenly came together and made sense all at once. But part of my turning point began when I gave up alcohol, another after my marriage ended, and yet another when I realized that I had a calling for helping others who struggle with their mental health.
3. What’s your favorite motivational quote?
My favorite “motivational” quote is simple; “Progress not perfection.” The reason it is my favorite is because far too many times I would try to make or do things perfectly. The only problem with that is there is no such thing as perfect. I have come to realize that it’s about making little steps toward moving forward or making progress that really count.
4. What’s your ideal day to day routine?
Routine? Bahahaha. I am all over the place when it comes to trying to set a real routine. As long as I would be able to get the important things done on time and I am not having anxiety about venturing out into the world, that would be ideal to me.
5. What’s the one thing you want people to know about you?
I prefer the night time when the rest of the world is usually asleep. That is when I am at my most creative and without the busy hustle and bustle of the day time, night’s are also usually when I can usually focus the best.
6. What’s your favorite holiday?
My favorite holiday is Christmas. Actually, my favorite time of year spans from October until the end of December. I just love the holiday season. There is something that is just so magical about it.
7. What are your top 3 books?
- Impulse by Ellen Hopkins
- More, Now, Again by Elizabeth Wurtzel
- Prozac Nation by Elizabeth Wurtzel
8. What is your lifelong dream? Did you accomplish it?
My lifelong dream was to become a writer. I accomplished that. My next dream was to become a published author and I also accomplished that when my first book came out on December 31, 2018 titled, My Bipolar Mind: You’re not alone. My next dream is to work on publishing my second book which has recently been placed on hold for the time being.
9. If you had special powers, what would it be?
If I had special powers, I would want to be able to read people’s minds. This way there would never be a need to try to decipher what it is that people actually want or need from me. Plus, I would know who I can trust and who I can’t.
10. What is your all-time favorite movie?
I honestly don’t have an all-time favorite movie. There are quite a few that I could watch over and over again such as; Dirty Dancing, Baby Boomer, Thirteen, Prozac Nation, Girl Interrupted, and Requiem of a Dream just to name a few.
11. What is your writing pet peeve?
When I am going over other people’s work and they refuse to use punctuations a majority of the time. Like, seriously? Where does one sentence end and the other one begin?? Plus, a lack of commas can sometimes change the whole context of what you are trying to convey! When it comes to my own writing, I cannot stand when I get writer’s block or when I want to write but have no idea about what.
So, now that my little Q&A session is over, it is time for me to nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions! Although, I may barrow a few of the questions I was asked since they were awesome to answer! My nominee’s are:
- Jodie over at Confessions of a Bipolar Diva
- Ashley from Mental Health @ Home
- Breanna from Breanna’s Blog
- Carol Ann over at Therapy Bits
- Tea Jay from Hello Tea Jay
- Wrae from One Blog, One Day At A Time
- Beckie from Beckie’s Mental Mess
- Jazmine (I don’t know if this is cheating, but she’s an awesome blogger right here on this site who deserves some sunshine) My Bipolar Mind
- Angela from I Am My Own Island
- Christy B over at When Women Inspire
- Caralyn from Beauty Beyond Bones
Congratulations to these truly amazing and inspiring bloggers! It was challenging to only pick 11.
My 11 Questions for my nominees!
- Why did you enter the world of blogging?
- What is your lifelong dream? Have you accomplished it?
- What are 3 of your favorite books?
- What is your dream job and are you currently working in that field?
- What is the hardest lesson you’ve ever learned?
- If you would have any superpower in the world, what would it be and why?
- If you could have a conversation with anyone in the world, living or deceased, who would it be? Why?
- What is one thing that would like to accomplish in 2019, and why?
- If you were stranded on an island and could only keep 3 things, what would they be?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What is your favorite quote?